Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to the past

It has been almost a month since I came back from my trip to South America. It was a fantastic 2 months trip from Bogota, Colombia to Santiago, Chile. Thousands of kilometers on buses, minibuses, and many other means of transportation. Countless encounters with amazing local people, and unforgettable adventures. In short great great memories of it.

And the thing that amazed me the most in all that? The food, the people, the landscapes? No, it is simply all the questions I had when I came back home:
-"Did you feel in danger or unsafe in any place?"
-"How did you do it all by yourself?"
-"Did you meet people?"
-"Where did you sleep?"
-"What did you prefer?"
-"Did you have any problem ever?
-and the cult one: "How was it?"

I think I will try to answer all that since I have been asked so many times. And maybe use this blog not like a diary blog that you fill as your travel but rather as something that you use to get back to the past and to make a roadbook of all what you've seen and done.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. A good way to organize your reflections about your trip. Keep them entries coming!

    Karolis

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear lil Loïc !
    So cool that you started a blog again ! I really recognise your advises in our way to travel in China the less you plan the better it gets you just need boundaries like an arrival day and place and a departure day and place. I just think this is not possible in Europe but it is so relaxing to travel this way !
    Also you're totally right for security the best thing to do is listen to local people they would know what is good and safe to do or not. And as for taxi let the hotel or restaurant call it for you or get a safe number, here we have the "Taxi Seguro" service and they are always so nice and helpful and even alone I feel safe (I'm steel careful...)
    They even say here that at night even a guy should not take a taxi alone it all depends !

    Keep it up !!
    Looking forward to seeing you next week !
    Bisous

    caro

    ReplyDelete